Monday, July 31, 2017

Sunday Gospel

The Catholic liturgy is a three year cycle. We are currently in year A which focuses on the gospel of St. Matthew. Year B focuses on St. Mark, year C focuses on St. Luke. St John's gospel is part of each year A, B and C and does not have it's own year.

Over the last several years, the kids and I have created artwork with a bible verse from each of Sunday's gospels. We rotate these weekly to try to memorize a verse, as well as to see the connection between each Sunday's gospel.



This year, since the artwork and verse cards were finished, I started writing a poem for each Sunday's gospel.

Both of these are ways to meditate and understand more the gospel.

July 30, 2017
Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
St. Matthew 13:44-52

Pearl

Oh Pearl!
I have found you.
You are of great price
So I joyfully
sell all,
all I have,
to buy you.
I have been searching
searching for fine pearls.
Like the treasure,
buried,
found,
I sell all
to buy that field.
Oh Pearl of great price!
This is the kingdom of heaven:
-Found
-All Given
-Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment