Thursday, May 21, 2015

Encouragement to go to Confession

One sacrament we all need more of is the Sacrament of Reconciliation. We can try all we want to "pull ourselves up by our bootstraps" but the reality is we can't become the person God created us to be in our own strength. We can't save ourselves. We need a savior, we need to grace. We need forgiveness of our sins.

When we are baptized, we are made a son or daughter of God, After that initial infusion of grace, we have to depend on God regularly, in the Eucharist and when we fall, in Reconciliation. 

A new friend of mine, Tom Andry had a profound impact on me this week when he was sharing about how much God loves him. I was caught off guard. Could anyone really feel the love of God so personally? Then Tom shared with me that he had had a very powerful experience, in all places...the confessional booth, where he knew without a doubt the extravagant love of the Father.

Do yourself a favor- get in "the booth" today. Make a good confession, lay down the burdens you have been carrying and know without doubt, the Father's love of YOU.
CLICK HERE for an audio interview with Tom Andry.

The Booth
by Tom Andry

A day that started like so many others

Dragging myself to confession to uncover

The same old sins this time as last

I’m sure to God, this is a blast

How bored He must be of me

Wondering why I can’t have the victory

He promised over death and sin

And I can’t even fix this funk I’m in


As Father quietly listened and began to share

His words were powerful and we both became aware

The Spirit came down and to this Priest was saying

I have honored the prayer time you’ve been paying

Get out the way and let Me speak

I can take over if you both are meek


As I listened to the wisdom that came from on high

I knew that the power He could supply

As tears began rolling down both our cheeks

We knew that this could be a typical week

That Catholics could take advantage of the truth

That is only present in that quiet little booth


If you have been away from the sacrament, need some encouragement to go or need to learn more about Reconciliation?
 CLICK HERE for some amazing talks about Confession on MP3 or CD.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment