Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Divine Mercy

May 13, 2012, I was blessed to read Fr. Michael Gaitley's book 33 Days to Morning Glory and consecrate my life to Jesus through Mary. (Click here for the 33 Days Blog or to get a copy of the book..) This spring  it was announced that the apostolate with which I work, Lighthouse Catholic Media,  would be partnering with Fr. Gaitley and his order, the Marians of the Immaculate Conception. (Click Here for news article announcing the partnership, see pg 10.)

Due to the partnership, I had the great pleasure of making a pilgrimage to the Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge, MA last month. It was a singular, unexpected privilege to spend three days there, make a retreat with Fr. Michael Gaitley, pray the life size Stations of the Cross and tour the facilities of the Association of Marian Helpers.


Since going to the shrine and learning more about the message, I have gotten a copy of St. Faustina's Diary. I was a little "afraid" of it at first. I thought maybe I wouldn't be able to understand it, but I am really enjoying it and it is clearly written and easy to follow. I am very challenged by her life and the words of Our Lord recorded by her.



The Divine Mercy Message is one that needs to go out to the whole world.

Along with reading the Diary, I am also reading the authorized biography of St. Faustina, titled The Life of Faustina Kowalska by Sr. Sophia Michalenko CMGT. This is an easy to read biography which has many quotes taken from the Diary. The advantage is that it is written in chronological order. Both of these books have been ideal reading during adoration. Join me in reading this over the summer! .



The Divine Mercy Image is now be printed on canvas by the Association of Marian Helpers. Click here to get one for your home or office.

No comments:

Post a Comment