Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Scented Soap and the Saints

Fresh Picked Apple Moisturizing Hand Soap - Anti-Bacterial - Bath & Body WorksSweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Moisturizing Hand Soap - Anti-Bacterial - Bath & Body WorksWe've had a dramatic cool front come through here in Florida this week. We have gotten out of the 90s and are down to the mid 80s temperature-wise. But all last week, before the cool morning breeze blew in, I was asking myself,  "how do we tell it's fall in the Sunshine State?"

Two ways: Scented Soap and the Saints

The girls and I picked up some new soap this week at Bath and Body Works. All the fall scents were out. So now each day, several times a day, instead of washing my hands in my summer favorites of  "Dancing Waters" and "Sweet Pea," I now smell  "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin" and "Fresh Picked Apples," sure signs of Fall.

But it is really the daily calendar of fall saints that remind me the time of year. September 26, Saints Cosmos and Damian, 27th, St. Vincent de Paul, 29th, Saints Raphael, Michael and Gabriel, October 1, St. Therese of Lisiuex, 2nd, the Guardian Angels and the 4th, complete with Pet Blessing, St. Francis of Assisi.

To all of my northern friends who are starting to turn on the heat in their homes and unpack the sweaters and long pants, please drink some apple cider or hot chocolate for me and send pictures of the beautiful fall trees changing colors.
As they say in the south, Happy fall  y'all.    



No comments:

Post a Comment