Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

World Celebrates Blessed Teresa of CalcuttaWe are at Jesus' disposal.

If he wants you to be sick in bed, if he wants you to proclaim His work in the street, if he wants you to clean the toilets all day, that's all right, everything is all right.
We must say, "I belong to you. You can do whatever you like." And this is our strength, and this is the joy of the Lord.

– Bl. Teresa of Calcutta
This year I have been getting to know Mother Teresa in a special way. It started when I read the book 33 Days to Morning Glory in April/May. That book, which is directed to Marian Consecration, shares the lives and teachings of four great Saints and Blessed: St. Louis de Montfort, St. Maximilian Kolbe, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta and Blessed Pope John Paul II. (see more info blog at: http://33daystomorningglory.blogspot.com/ )
Next I read a great book specifically about Mother Teresa by Fr. Leo Maasburg: Mother Teresa of Caluctta: A Personal Portrait. In this book, Fr. Maasburg relays 50 stores about Mother from the years he worked with her.

Several people at my parish St. Raphaels will be reading this great book beginning next week and into October. Read along with us. You will love this book. If you'd like to read along, please email me at jkmuss@gmail.com and I will let you know what day(s) we will be gathering to discuss it. Just click on the link below to get your own copy of the book.

I feel like she has so much to teach me and the quote I began with says a lot. We need to open to anything Jesus asks of us. May the Lord give us that grace.


1 comment: