Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Feast of St Elizabeth Ann Seton

"The first end I propose in our daily work is to do the will of God; secondly, to do it in the manner he wills it; and thirdly to do it because it is his will."


– St. Elizabeth Ann Seton d. January 4, 1821

St Elizabeth is one of my favorite saints. I remember with joy during grade school when she was canonized as the first American born Saint.

Now as a wife and mother of six, I claim her as a patron. 

Elizabeth Seton was a wife, a mother of five, a widow at 29 years of age, and a convert from the Anglican faith. She died at the age of 46 (my age now) after joining a religious order, creating a new religious order, and starting the parochial school system in Maryland. And today I just read in Butler's Lives of the Saints that in her spare time she enjoyed music and wrote songs. Wow!

Lord give me the grace today to do your will, in the manner you want your will done, only because it is your will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment