Saturday, December 31, 2011

Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God

 Madonna del Buon Consiglio-detta Madonna delle " Mele "
Happy New Year!

Sunday January 1st is the special feast day honoring Mary as Mother of God.

My prayer for January 1st and for the year of 2012 is that God might incline my heart to do His will. When we follow the example of Mary who gave her total and complete "yes" we will have a great year, come what may.

January 1st is also the World Day of Peace. So let's all get to mass and pray a family rosary together for peace on earth and peace in our towns and families.

One way to live our faith more deeply this year is to be prepared when we come to mass. To read the readings before hand, to arrive early and be ready when mass begins, instead of walking in 10 minutes late and being unsettled. One thing I have really enjoying doing this year is listening to Fr. Robert Barron's homily before I go to mass. Every Thursday,  www.WordOnFire.orgposts his homily for the coming weekend. You can download the ap to your smart phone or listen on your computer.

Click here to listen to his homily for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God.

1 comment:

  1. I have found reading and studying the Sunday's scriptures ahead of time to be very beneficial. I try to post my reflections on my blog (that way I can do two things I love at the same time) and I have also started two link up blogs with the intention of having a common space to share studies and reflections inspired by the same scriptures. Unfortunately it hasn't caught on too much just yet and I myself have not always had time to post every week. But it has certainly encouraged me to make time to prepare for Mass.

    ReplyDelete