Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Great "Chance" Encounter

Today I had the great "chance" of meeting up with a woman who is a real hero of mine, Kimberly Hahn. Through my Lighthouse Catholic Media apostolate, I was set to have a table at the Scott and Kimberly Hahn conference in Tampa FL.

I had set up the table the day before and had some of my Lighthouse friends assist me working it. When I arrived, who is the first person I see but Kimberly. She and I got to chat for quite a while about children growing up and leaving home. Quite a topic that has been on my heart lately.

Her bible study tape set "The Proverbs 31 Godly Wife and Mother" had been the first way I learned about being a Catholic Wife and Mom back in the late 1990s. At the time we only had 2 children. But Kimberly helped me learn so much about what our Holy Catholic Church really teaches about tithing, openness to life, submitting to our husbands and running a "domestic church."

How great to talk with her 15 years later as another chapter of raising children begins. She could not have been more pleasant, interesting, interested and kind. And when she gave her talk at the conference, she "knocked it out of the ball park!"

God Bless you Kimberly Hahn!

No comments:

Post a Comment