Friday, November 18, 2011

Noah Thomas Hughes

During November the scriptures at mass are all about the end. They remind us to use our talents well, to have our oil jars filled and to be prepared when the Master returns. November is the month we remember those who have died.

Today all that talk hit home. A friend of our oldest son died today. His motorcycle crashed into a tree. When my husband called to tell me the news, I was devastated. I sobbed.

I had never met Noah. I didn't even know his last name until today. But my loss is so great. Because Noah life was cut short, just 22 years.And he was a friend of my son.

My son's sadness made me sob too. I can't take that sorrow away from him or shield him from it.
So, I will try to show him how to walk through it, to rely on God, to pray, to hope and to trust. And to be prepared.

For we do not know the day nor the hour.  Matt 24:36

Please tell everyone you know that you love them. Tell them today.
Forgive those you don't love.
Forgive them today.


Please join me in praying for the repose of Noah's soul. Please pray for his family and my family.

"Eternal Rest grant unto him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, Rest in Peace."

youtube video by Kate Cillian

No comments:

Post a Comment