Saturday, August 13, 2011

Christ has no body but yours. Guest Column by Jenetta Padilla.

          
I have to say I think my only “deep” spiritual reflection within the last year (or three) ties in with all of the little statues around my house that keep losing limbs and being beheaded… St. Francis keeps losing his head and our Blessed Mother Mary loses her hands.  My “deep reflection”? I’m meant to be Mary’s hands with the mind of St. Francis. Mary is right by the rocking chair in Clara’s room, so I am reminded of being Mary’s hands often.  I’ve skipped trying to glue her hands back on again.  I figure it’s supposed to be a reminder.
 
Christ Has No Body
Christ has no body but yours
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,   Yours are the eyes with which he looks  Compassion on this world,  Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good,  Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world. 
Yours are the hands, yours are the feet,  Yours are the eyes, you are his body.  Christ has no body now but yours.

Christ has no body now on earth but yours.
--St.Teresa of Avila (1515–1582)

 

Jenetta writes from her home in North Dakota. She is a wife and mother of three young children. She is the creator and webmaster of www.lighthouseideas.org. She is the Lighthouse Catholic Media Regional Manager for North and South Dakota and several other states.





No comments:

Post a Comment