Thursday, May 26, 2011

Feast of St. Philip Neri, Patron Saint of Joy

" St. Philip Neri was a sign of contradiction, combining popularity with piety against the background of a corrupt Rome and a disinterested clergy, the whole post-Renaissance malaise."

Today's saint shows us that holiness does not have to mean serious and joyless. Today let's set aside our "have-to-do-it-now" schedules, worries and trials and delight in the Lord.

You can even get out the Pringles and have some fun like Bob did!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! We follow your blog and I (Rachel) am a recent convert to the Catholic faith (grew up Lutheran and married my husband as a Lutheran). We learn so much keeping up with your blog! I was hoping to send this you via email or comment box, but I couldn't find either on your blog. I wanted to share a resource for Catholic gifts with you that maybe you could share on the blog? It is BlessedSources.org I used this coupon for 20% off good for July: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/blessedsources.org

    Thank you and keep up the good work!

    God Bless,
    Rachel and Bradley

    ReplyDelete