Thursday, November 11, 2010

The birds helped me pray today.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat (or drink), or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they? Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span?" Matthew 6:25-27

I got up early today and had a chance to sit outside on my back porch to say my prayers and read In Conversation with God by Francis Fernandez. As I looked at my neighbor's sailboat, I noticed all the birds were flying around and landing on the wires that the sails run on. They look like little black dots in this picture. The image of the early morning birds brought to mind the above quote from St. Matthew's gospel.
God takes care of the birds, he is taking care of me and the birds are my teachers for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment