Friday, October 1, 2010

St. Therese of Lisieux

"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts. Neither intelligence not talents. He cherishes simplicity." --St. Therese

St. Therese of the Child Jesus is also known as "the little flower." Her spirituality is known as "the little way." She felt that we each need to do each daily tasks promptly and to our best, without worry, and be content to do the ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Her little way runs counter cultural with ours today. We are surrounded by famous people doing "big" things.

Today let us rest assured that the good Lord loves us just as we are. Let us resolve to simplify and bask in that love of His and be quick to share it with others.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. St. Therese was my Confirmation Saint, and I believe that it is through her intercession that I am returning to the Catholic Church. She has been insinuating herself into my life in so many "little ways," and she's incredibly persistent. Her example reminds me daily that God will do much with my simple faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. therese I believe in you.. thank you for giving me a roses.. when everytime I pray the novena,and granting my prayers in so many ways..I just hold on to my faith, believe,and, trust in you and to our LORD "JESUS CHRIST".

    ReplyDelete