Saturday, October 2, 2010

Guardian Angels

Today we celebrate the Feast of the Guardian angels. At mass this morning our pastor mentioned his childhood memories of this picture.

He made the comment that even as a child he wondered why these children were out by themselves crossing a rickety bridge with torrential water underneath. After we all laughed, I pondered how those children really are us. We are all trying to cross a rickety bridge here in this world and things look dark without the care, light and love of our guardian angels.

I don't remember often enough to ask my guardian angel to help me. They are there for us. Let us use honor this beautiful gift God has given us. Let us ask their intercession and trust in their help.

Say the guardian angel prayer each day:
"Angel of God, my guardian dear
To whom God's love commits me here
Ever this day, be at my side
To light, to love, to rule, to guide. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment