Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Power of Example

Almost two years ago, I met Terry Barber face to face. It was very exciting to meet someone who had impacted my life since for the last 12 years.

Back in 1996, I got a hold of some cassette tapes from St. Joseph's Communications. They told the story of a protestant pastor who became Catholic. I had been Catholic all my life and attended Catholic Schools through college. But this tape, the Conversion of Scott Hahn, began a journey for me that has absolutely changed my life. I have fallen in love with Jesus Christ and the Holy Catholic Church, become firm in my faith and committed to constant evangelization. Terry Barber is the man who founded St. Joseph's Communications.

Since October 2009, I have had the privilege of talking weekly to Terry on a telephone conference. He has shown, by example, how to ask questions, how to win souls, how to impact lives and how to be happy and excited all the while.

What makes this guy tick? How does he have so much energy? How is he doing such amazing work for Christ and His Church? Two Words--Jesus Christ. Terry is a daily communicant and a man of prayer.

Yesterday he shared that he gets up very early every day and exercises and then attends 6:30 am mass. Today I got up early, took a long walk, prayed the rosary and made a spiritual communion. Why? The Power of Example.

No comments:

Post a Comment