Monday, September 6, 2010

No Greater Love

Forget roses! Tonight my husband cleaned our bathroom.

I have been struggling with getting the housekeeping done and tonight I got a real "bee in my bonnet" to make some head way. I got a couple rooms done but still had a lot of other things to do to prepare for tomorrow. As I was ironing shirts, I caught a whiff of the most wonderful smell a mother of 6 can smell--bleach!
And I knew that Bob was cleaning our bathroom.

There have been many volumes of letters written to 'Dear Abby' about the toothpaste cap being left off, the direction of the toilet paper on the roll, and whether the toilet lid is kept up or down. In 24 years of marriage, I could write a book about my preferences....and reality. That is why my husband cleaning the bathroom is such a gift!

No greater love has a husband, than to clean the bathroom for his wife. I am minimizing Our Lord's words "No greater love has a man than to lay down his life for his friends?" Not at all. My husband exemplified them tonight. He would have rather watched the Ray's game or done a million other things. But he laid down his life for 20 minutes and made my day.

What is that special thing I can do for my spouse today??

No comments:

Post a Comment